Saturday, January 28, 2012

LETTERBOXING

While you might think letterboxing has to do with everyday mail delivery, it does not.  It is actually an intriguing pastime combining map-reading skills and rubber stamp artistry in a treasure-hunt style outdoor quest.  My husband and stepdaughter have been letterboxing for years.  They not only search out others' boxes, but have hidden their own and posted clues on how to find them on the internet.  By clicking on "letterboxing" at the beginning of this paragraph, you can read all the details and perhaps start a quest with your own children, although adults enjoy the pastime, too!

I created this layout based on this week's two-page sketch from the Let's Scrap website.  I guess I have kind of gotten away from two-page layouts recently, but thought I would give this one a "go."  Here's the sketch:


Once my layout was completed and I began to get it ready for posting, I discovered something very interesting:  I like each of the layouts (left and right sides) individually, but, together, not so much!  So, I will post them here for you to see as "singles."



And, here, of course, is some of the detailed photos--my favorite part:







Thanks for stopping by.  Please do leave a comment so that I know you were here--and, well, it makes me feel that all this is worthwhile!

DON'T FORGET TO JOIN THE LET'S SCRAP 2012 FEBRUARY LEAP AROUND THE WORLD BLOG HOP STARTING FEBRUARY 1!  CLICK "NEWER POSTS" AT THE BOTTOM LEFT TO TAKE YOU TO ALL THE DETAILS!

Cheers!


8 comments:

  1. Kay I have never heard of letterboxing before but it sounds so interesting and what a great father daughter activity. I love how you used background paper and die cut with writing on them, they seems to suit the theme of the layout so well. I am off to read all about letterboxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay, I love this! I've never heard of Letterboxing but I have been Geocaching. Seems very similar. Geocaching is using a GPS to find hidden boxes in parks and places and inside is a log to write down your name. I really like the idea of stamping your own personality and having "found" a stamp. That's so cool and a great thing to document. Love the large circle that you used and the distressing on the paper. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have really caught my attention with this one. I am going to have to go check it out. Wonderful pages Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza! Wonderful theme, wonderful layout, wonderful photos! WTG Key!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful pages Kay and I just love the papers and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The theme of Letterboxing is such an unusual one! I just finished reading the link & find it so fascinating. Love the layout as well...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Letterboxing sounds so great Kay. I love the idea! I love your layouts too....the sketch is great..think I must give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice to meet you kay, thanks for your kind comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete