Sunday, November 6, 2011

PIECES OF ME TODAY

And, a good Sunday evening to you all! Hope everyone has remembered to change their clocks *back* an hour so that you don't arrive at work too early tomorrow!!

There are a lot of bits and pieces to this post, so I hope you will take time to read it all!

AU NATURALE

I have been wanting to do a layout with some fall hiking photos I have had of my step-daughter (since 2008). I was motivated to complete this project by the "Nuances de Couleur" Group October Challange on the Bella Creations website. I was challenged to create a layout, card or tag using the colors black, orange and purple! I have never been fond of purple, but, you will see, I did manage to get it into the layout.


GIVING CREDIT WHEN DUE

You may have noticed an addition to the upper right-hand corner of my blog. I first saw this cute ATC on a friend's blog (http://dutchie-in-canada.blogspot.com/). It is a friendly reminder to honor proprietary rights of artists. I do have permission from the original artist, Marsha Jorgensen, to use her ATC on my blog! In that vein, I will tell you that I "lifted" the layout design for my layout above from an artist named Charity Hassel, whose similar and inspirational layout was published in the Fall 2009 issue of Scrapbook & Cards Today. Charity has graciously given me permission to "lift" her layout!

TOOT! TOOT!

I have another opportunity to "TOOT TOOT" my horn, as I have been named Bella du Mois for November on the Bella Creations website, which can be very loosely translated as Artist of the Month. There is nothing more satisfying for a scrapbooking artist than to be validated in such a way as this by her peers! My thanks to Bella for this!

REAPPLYING FOR THE LET'S SCRAP DESIGN TEAM!!

You may remember that I served on the Design Team of the Let's Scrap website for the May-July 2011 term. It was exhausting, but, I must confess, I loved every minute of it. I needed a bit of a break, though, and time to spend with my husband at our New Hampshire campsite over the summer, so did not reapply for the August to November term (yep, it's now a four-month commitment). After deep thinking, a consult with my husband and other Let's Scrap members, I have decided to throw my hat back into the DT ring! I created my application layout over the last week, completed my written application this afternoon, attached the layout, and pressed SEND! I am excited! Being a "former" DT member is no guarantee of being reappointed, so I have to sit on pins and needles once again, waiting for the announcement on November 20! Wish me luck!

Thanks so very much for spending a few minutes with me. Please do leave a comment to let me know you were here!





7 comments:

  1. congrats on being Bella du Mois Kay and good luck with your application to the LS design team!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kay, what a great post! Lovely layout! And congrats on being Bella du Mois, that is really awesome! Good luck with the DT call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kay, what a great layout!! And yes, I really like the ATC telling everybody to please ask permission or at least let them know that you've lifted something, that was originally made by them! Congrats on being Bella du Mois!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Kay! Your work is always so beautiful! Fingers "x" for Let's Scrap DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE that LO Kay! Love the purple and the title is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you make the design team again, Kay. Thanks for your comment on my blog. After I finish my Christmas cards and projects, I hope to be able to really participate with Let's Scrap. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kay,,,Wow,, the above layout is Stunning !!! I love it ! You may recall meeting over at the let Scrap Site,,,which lead me to your blog. Im not only new to scrapbooking,,,im new to this whole blogging world,,,only posted my first post a couple days ago. I must say,,im highly addicted to viewing all the taleneted peoples work , like yourself, wow, so inspiring ! Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete