Saturday, October 1, 2011

THE UNEXPECTED BABY

The addition of Angelina Ava into my son and daughter-in-law's family as their foster child was unexpected, yet she was, in a very short time, easily and lovingly absorbed into their family unit. I hope you will enjoy meeting her in the following layouts, all of which were inspired by challenges on the Let's Scrap website (my thanks to their sketch artist Cheri).



This last layout has so many pieces and parts, that I will show some of the detail. Because of the paper flower, I was unable to scan this layout, so forgive my photography skills! I will share how to make the (punch & scrunch) flower by referring you to my friend Andrea's blog for directions. Andrea is currently one of the Design Team members on Let's Scrap, and you will know why after visiting her blog!


Of course, in this case, the photo of this once-in-a-lifetime experience led the way!

It is normal practice to adhere the journaling block to the layout, but I had purchased a box of these large pink paperclips at an office supply store for 50 cents, and just needed to use one!


Here's Andrea's "punch & scrunch" flower. The directions were easy to follow and give a dramatic result. I would recommend using two-sided paper for the full effect.


And, last but not least, every lady, no matter her age, deserves a bit of bling!

Thanks for stopping by, leave me a comment to let me know you were here, then--go forth and create something to brighten your world!


1 comment:

  1. What a sweet little girl and you have certainly done her justice!

    ReplyDelete