Friday, September 23, 2011

MY DOG JAKE

Just finished my layout for the month-long challenge on Let's Scrap! It features a sketch by the well-known sketch artist Julie Bonner. Check out both the Let's Scrap website and Julie's blog for some instant scrapbooking inspiration!

My husband Russ and I adopted Jake from the Northeast Animal Shelter in Salem, MA, in May of 2010. He had been rescued by an organization in Puerto Rico called Save-A-Sato, sato being Spanish for "street dog," now generally referring to all animals who roam the streets there. You might say that Jake is one very lucky dog, but Russ and I both feel that WE are the lucky ones in this relationship!

The photos in this layout were taken as Jake (and Russ) played along Rye Beach in Rye, New Hampshire. Dogs there can be "off leash," but, despite his size, Jake is still a puppy, so we chose to keep a tighter control of his actions by having him remain on leash.

I had planned to do my usual computer "journaling" on this layout, but decided to be brave and try a bit of hand journaling! Go me!



Thanks for looking! Now, go be creative!!

No comments:

Post a Comment