Monday, April 18, 2011

A SPECIAL HONOR

It's great to wake up on a Monday morning when the sun is shining and you have nothing pressing on your immediate agenda! It's an even greater day when an e-mail brings good news! I received the following message from Kathy Perry, a Let's Scrap Design Team member: "Hi, Kay! Take a look at this week's IOTW [Inspiration of the Week], please!!!" Now, for those of you who have not yet visited the Let's Scrap website (and I hope you will), it's an online international website for those who love paper crafting--scrapbooking, cardmaking, and any other creative endeavor you can think of involving paper, scissors, glue and (most often) photos! Let's Scrap provides weekly sketches to get members' crafting mojo going! IOTW is a way the site recognizes a layout or card for its inspirational elements. Here's the sketch posted on Wednesday, April 13:




Members have a choice at this point. They can use the sketch exactly as it is shown...or just use it for inspiration. A "jumping off point," if you will. Another option is to use only one side or the other of the two-page sketch layout. The choice is always left to the creater. The members then, if they wish, post their creations on the website for others to see, comment, and/or be further inspired! It is a win-win scenario every time you participate. I really love sharing my pages with others and seeing what others have done. I find my inspiration as we exchange ideas!



A friend of mine often shares photos of her grandchildren with me. For my layout this week, and the one for which I have been honored, I chose to use some of those photos. Here is my interpretation of the above sketch. I strayed only slightly from the original sketch, reversing the placement of the center two photographs and varying the shape of the wavy lines at the bottom.








Thanks for visiting. Go check out Let's Scrap and be INSPIRED!



3 comments:

  1. Well deserved Kay! I too look forward to working with you. I'm so glad you enjoyed the photos of the Singer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations of your layout being picked IOTW but even more congrats on joining the Let's Scrap Design Team. I am really looking forward to working with you over the next 3 months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations kay on your 3 month term at lets scrap. Thanks for your comment on my blog. if you could visit, that will help with professional comments as i am trying to build my resume for next springs adventures...wink wink
    ava
    ps: the lady, is my grandmother, who passed away about 19 years ago. I managed to get one picture with her holding my son before she passed away...doing the heritage for my son. another discussion with my new buddy \kay...smile

    ReplyDelete